2017 ALAK International Conference
“Broadening the scope of language learning and teaching”
Venue: Seoul National University of Education, Seoul
Date: Saturday, September 9, 2017
Registration begins at 9:00am
Opening Ceremony begins at 9:30am
Conference Proceedings [download]
2017 ALAK Conference At-a-Glance
Conference program & map
- Program Download Final version updated! (August 28, 2017)
- SNUE Directions & Map Download Updated! (August 30, 2017)
“Language learning in the L2 classroom: How implicit or how explicit should it be? Theoretical, empirical, and curricular/pedagogical issues.” [Plenary Presentation Video Download] NEW!
“What makes a literature-based English program not only effective but also more efficient?” [Plenary Presentation Video Download] NEW!
“Tracing longitudinal development of connected discourse: The case for Korean speakers of English” [Plenary Presentation Video Download] NEW!
Special Lecture Series
Dr. Ronald P. Leow (Abstract Download)
- Sept. 8 13:30-14:30 Sungkyunkwan University
- Sept. 9 10:00-10:45 SNUE Auditorium (Plenary Speech at ALAK)
- Sept. 9 13:25-13:50 SNUE Rm.201 (Concurrent Session at ALAK)
- Sept.11 13:30-14:30 Chung-Ang University
Dr. Ana Lado (Abstract Download)
- Sept. 7 18:30-20:30 Invited Talk, Seoul National University of Education (Auditorium, Research and Lecture Building)
- Sept. 8 16:00-18:00 Invited Talk, Yonsei University (Education Science Hall, Rm. 301)
- Sept. 9 11:10-11:55 Plenary Speech at ALAK (Auditorium, Research and Lecture Building, SNUE)
- Sept. 9 13:50-14:15 Concurrent Session at ALAK (Rm. 301, Research and Lecture Building, SNUE)
Accommodation and Tour Information
- Provista Hotel:
- City Tour Information Download
Note for Poster Presenters
August 24, 2017–> August 29, 2017
- Pre-registration fee
- General Attendees and presenters: 30,000KRW
- Student attendees and presenters: 20,000KRW (in MA or undergrad program)
- The fee covers the conference bag with the program book, lunch, and snacks.
- Special discount on annual fee
- If you pay the annual membership fee through pre-registration, it is discounted to 5,000 KRW (Regular membership fee is 30,000 KRW).
- If you would like to pay the membership fee (and sign up for membership), transfer the fee together with the pre-registration fee and indicate as such on the pre-registration form
- Pre-registration info submission: https://goo.gl/forms/RdfL05fOobrPg1X12
- Method of payment: Bank wire at KEB Hana Bank
- Detailed information on ‘How to register’ Download
Presentation Submission Due:
February 20, 2017 Closed!
- Submission link: https://goo.gl/forms/z6BC3qHsJnwPkGOo2
Important dates and abstract submission instructions
- February 20: Applicants are asked to provide presentation title along with presenter information.
- April 30: Abstract submission due. The submission procedure will be notified to the applicants.
- May 20: Abstract acceptance will be notified to the applicants.
- Dr. Soondo Baek, ALAK Secretary General at firstname.lastname@example.org